ABOUT CRESCIT CAPITAL STRATEGIES
Crescit Capital Strategies provides the full continuum of commercial real estate debt solutions for real estate borrowers and investors.
Crescit Capital Strategies was founded in 2018 as a commercial real estate finance platform to provide highly structured and flexible debt products across the capital stack. Crescit’s bridge lending program has provided clients with loans of $15 million to $75 million across the United States. Crescit also provides Workout Advisory services giving its clients access to the knowledge and experience of the firm’s principals, each of whom has 30+ years of institutional commercial real estate (CRE) experience.
Capitalizing on the team’s extensive experience in opportunistic and distressed investing, Crescit invests in rescue situations and portfolio purchases in times of market dysfunction.
The team provides its clients with a powerful combination of experience in fundamental real estate credit analysis, capital markets strategies and workouts and distressed investing.
Crescit Capital Strategies services its debt positions across all phases of the transaction from origination to payoff. Crescit Capital Strategies provides highly structured and flexible debt solutions and advisory services designed to meet the needs created by volatile markets and the retrenchment of traditional financing sources in the commercial real estate market.
- Crescit provides both its borrowers and investors the advantage of a “one-stop” solution, giving its clients the benefit of engaging with one lender for all of their financing needs, while also providing its investors the ability to achieve their specific investment goals through access to the various components of the real estate capital stack.
- Crescit’s lifecycle asset management approach creates a feedback loop which positions the platform to gain early insight to changing property and market conditions to detect both new opportunities and preliminary warnings while also enabling Crescit to respond to borrowers’ ongoing loan servicing needs.
- The “originate, manufacture and retain” model is key for enhancing value and mitigating risk. This enables Crescit to prudently identify investment opportunities, to preemptively identify risk, and to generate risk-adjusted returns that compare favorably against equity returns on commercial real estate but with the risk profile and characteristics of debt instruments.
Crescit Capital Strategies assists its clients in navigating the increasingly complex nature of CRE workouts for both CMBS and non-securitized loans. The team has a thorough understanding of the hurdles found in today’s CMBS loan restructuring process. Having restructured billions of dollars on their own behalf over the past three decades, the team knows first-hand what it takes to successfully emerge from distressed situations.
Crescit’s team has extensive experience navigating the often intricate servicer and securitization structures and negotiations. They have, as principals, worked out and restructured over $50 billion in assets through the major volatile economic cycles – The Global Financial Crisis, The Russian Debt Crisis, and The S&L Collapse/RTC. This experience includes managing complex hotel restructurings and foreclosures involving labor, management and other stakeholders, as well as construction loan workouts all while focusing on stabilizing and maximizing asset values and recoveries. Crescit provides asset valuations derived using transparent and consistent methodologies.
- Crescit advises on loan workout solutions for all property types, including hotels. The services include entity restructuring and recapitalization, bankruptcy and REO asset operations, each utilizing workout experience across all property types in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Crescit has a long history and experience in asset restructuring/resolution within complicated capital market structures including REMICs and CDOs.
- Crescit’s extensive expertise in using structured finance and other capital markets tools provides solutions to complex real estate restructurings with the goal of maximizing recoveries.
Crescit’s team has a long history of investing opportunistically in periods of distress encompassing the cycles of the past three decades. Crescit’s distressed investing services provides opportunities for significant capital appreciation and outsized gains for its clients.
- Crescit purchases performing & non-performing mortgage loans and real estate related debt securities that are mis-priced relative to the underlying asset performance/value due to technical factors caused by temporary market dislocation.
- Crescit provides liquidity to owners to help avoid forced-selling during times of volatility and illiquidity when the long-term performance of the underlying asset is not reflected in the market price.
- Crescit can assist borrowers that are facing distress due to short-term underlying asset performance.
- Crescit’s experience positions it to take advantage of pricing inefficiencies in distressed and illiquid markets and use financial engineering techniques to achieve better execution for single assets or portfolios.